I’m sorry, but what?! Is it really Halloween tomorrow? The golden leaves I’ve loved seeing on the trees are already falling hard, meaning that the really cold DC temperatures I hate (always a Florida girl!) will be here soon. As we gear up for the holiday season, I wanted to share another edition of my “5 Links” post with a few things that are currently rejuvenating/inspiring me…enjoy!
1. If there was one skill I wish I possessed, it would be how to properly decorate my home. So with a giant wall of built in book shelves in our apartment, I’m constantly scouring online to see just how I’m supposed to style them. I love this post on HGTV for a little guidance using pieces I already own.
2. In a blanket scarf obsessed blogging world, I’d like to think I found the holy grail in this beauty from ASOS. You can thank me later.
3. It’s no secret I’m a Taylor Swift fanatic. I’ve worked with her on magazine photos shoots, met her a couple times after that, and am always ordering her albums the day they release. Not to brag, but I’m pretty sure I was the 1st ever T-Swift fan when she came out with Tim McGraw, but that’s neither here nor there. I have ‘1989’ on serious repeat (umm, “Style” is my f’ing jam!) and I want to know, what’s your favorite song from the new release?
4. As most of you know, I work a full time job outside of Poor Little It Girl. On top of PLIG I also help manage (along with the amazingly talented Jessica of My Style Vita) Southern Blog Society and Southwest Blog Society. So yeah, that means 4 jobs. So when I read the article “I Have 4 Jobs – Is that The New Normal?” on Refinery29, it totally resonated with me. As a former freelancer that made my living off of picking up job after job, it really is all about the hustle and the expections you/society sets for yourself.
5. Not really a “link” but if you check out the November issue of People StyleWatch you may just recognize a familiar face! So happy I was able to share some of my tips on how to dress my petite 4’11 frame…a big thank you to the PSW team for including me!
Now you want to shop? Here are a few things I’ve recently added to my closet you’ll want to check out!
It was an unseasonably warm weekend here in DC. With temperatures in the seventies, it was nice to head out with out my big blanket scarf and coat and instead, throw on a fun dress and a light weight sweater. With a dress full of so much floral embroidery (seriously, how gorgeous is this dress?!) I kept the rest of my look simple with a blush heel, pink lip, and minimal jewelry. So while I know the cooler weather will be here to stay soon, it was nice to feel a few warm days before the fall/winter seasons fully begin.