For the past 2 years I’ve been working in a very casual office where anything from flip flops to shorts are perfectly acceptable. I recently accepted a job to work for an amazing company (who I write about on my blog, Rhea Recommends, all the time) and their office is just a bit more corporate than my current one. Any recommendations of versatile items to add to my wardrobe as I start my exciting new career adventure?! Thanks!
A: It’s always a bit of shock when transitioning between jobs, especially when that move means a (quick) change in your wardrobe. Thankfully, you aren’t transitioning from those flip flops and shorts to three-piece suit kind of office. With the addition of a few functional (and totally cute) pieces you’ll knock ’em dead at your new job!
1. A Statement Necklace (Blakegodbold, $51.72) – Throw this on over the most basic of T’s for an instant update. (You’ll need a couple of these!)
2. Nude Pumps (Asos, $77.58) – Closed toe are required for a more formal office, and nude will go with any outfit you choose!
3. Silk Shirt Dress (Madewell, $99.99) – A blank canvas you can wear a million ways! Add a cardigan, change the belt, and mix and match jewelry! DONE!
4. Wide Leg Trousers (Miss Selfridge, £40.00) – Trousers can update even the most casual of tops. Wear them with a basic tee and that statement necklace! (Plus I just LOVE the peach color, as opposed to black or brown, for summer!)
5. Boyfriend Blazer (Central Park West, $56.97) – Hands down, the most important item in your wardrobe update! You can wear this over literally anything in your closet and you’ll instantly be more polished and professional! (Make sure you roll up the sleeves a bit!)
6. Neutral Satchel (Big Buddha, $95) – Holds all your important documents (i.e. the latest fashion mags) and the neutral tone means this will go with any outfit.
7. Striped Tee (Kain, $75) – You don’t have to go out and purchase a million white button down shirts (yuck!) for a corporate office. Invest in some good quality T’s (in either a stripe or solid color) and they’ll pair with any skirt or trouser you have! Just be sure the neckline isn’t too low and you accessorize appropriately.